Warmly welcome to my site!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Comprehensive One-Click English Thesaurus and Dictionary for Windows

I know that there are many online dictionaries available; however, if you are in the middle of drafting an important document your train of thought can be lost when you have to stop and go online to find the definition or spelling of a word.
To solve this problem, and to help get that right word or help find a definition of a word, I use the FREE version of WordWeb.
 WordWeb
What I truly like about this application is the one click hotkey support. For example, with WordWeb you can find the definition of a word by placing your mouse pointer over a questionable word, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and right click the mouse button and WordWeb will pop up with the definition.
Another cool and powerful feature is that you can also look up words in Wikipedia,  Wiktionary and Word Web Online. I especially like the Wikipedia option, because (in a sense) it makes WordWeb not only a dictionary, but an encyclopedia.
WordWeb
In my opinion, WordWeb is one Windows application that should be on everyone’s PC.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment